Congratulations! You’ve just finished building your IIPP. The most important thing to do next is implement your program.
Implementing Your IIPP
- Ensure a copy of the IIPP is available at all of your work locations.
- Make sure the individuals responsible for safety at your business have a copy and are familiar with the program and their responsibilities.
- Review the program with your managers/supervisors/leaders to ensure they understand. Require them to share the program with all of your employees.
- Communicate to all of your employees that safety is your priority and should be theirs too. Let them know their managers will be going over the IIPP with them and tell them where they can find it at every location.
- Set a policy for assuring that all new employees are training on the IIPP and where to find it.
- Consider how you might be able to incorporate safe work practices into your processes.
- Investigate accidents and near misses to find the root causes and then correct them.
- Encourage managers to look for employees working safely and acknowledge or reward them.
Forms from State Fund's IIPP Builder℠ for Download
Training Sign-In Sheet. Have your employees sign in every time you conduct training or hold a safety meeting and put it in a binder. It’s an easy way to keep records of your training that is compliant with the Cal/OSHA recordkeeping requirement.
Accident/Near Miss Incident Investigation Checklist. Use this checklist to help you investigate accidents and near miss incidents in your workplace. It’s important to find the source of the incident so you can make the changes necessary to prevent it from happening again.
Hazard Identification Checklist. This hazard identification template lets you list the hazards in your workplace and the actions you will take to correct them.