State Fund’s IIPP Builder
Preparing an Injury and Illness Prevention Program—or IIPP for short— is your first step to a safer workplace. All California employers are required by law to provide a safe workplace for their employees and must have an effective safety program (IIPP) in writing.
State Fund’s IIPP Builder will help you create a safety program for your business. It will guide you through the eight parts of an IIPP and ask questions about your current safety practices along the way. Your answers help build your program and tailor it to your business. When you’re finished building your program, you can save a copy to your computer. If you’re a State Fund policyholder, your program will also be saved to your policy record.
Get started now
Information you'll need
Before getting started, you'll need to collect the following information:
- Your current safety procedures. (You’ll need them to help answer some of the questions.)
- Identify who in your business is responsible for managing your safety program.
- Have your business contact information ready to enter into the IIPP.
Start here if you are a current State Fund policyholder.
- Save your program and access it any time to edit or update it.
- You can start building your program and come back to finish it later.
- You can create additional plans for different locations.
Start here if you are a guest without a State Fund policy.
- If you are not insured with State Fund, you can create an IIPP and save it as a PDF to your computer.
- The application will time out after 20 minutes of inactivity and will not save your work. You will get a notice after 15 minutes.
Learn more about IIPP
What is an IIPP?
In California, every employer must have an Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP). This i
The above evaluations and/or recommendations are for general guidance only and should not be relied upon for medical advice or legal compliance purposes. They are based solely on the information provided to us and relate only to those conditions specifically discussed. We do not make any warranty, expressed or implied, that your workplace is safe or healthful or that it complies with all laws, regulations or standards.